We receive many requests for donations throughout the year - so many, in fact, that we've had to narrow our focus in the types of organizations and causes we support.
Donations to schools and charitable organizations
We are pleased to contribute to schools and charitable organizations that benefit children, as well as those experiencing extreme poverty and mental health issues in and around the Downtown Eastside. Other organizations may still request support, but priority is given to those two areas. We also require that your organization be based in Vancouver, or at least provide services here.
What we can offer:
- Games for use by program beneficiaries
- Games or gift certificates for use in fundraising efforts (auctions, incentives, etc.)
What we need from you:
- A description of your organization
- Your charitable tax number
- What you're looking for
- A description of how the item(s) will be used
If this sounds like a good fit, please contact Andrea Robertson at [email protected]
for next steps.
Schools and charitable organizations we've supported since 2017
Aquafit for All Association
Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver
Camp Goodtimes - Canadian Cancer Society
Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Home for Every Child Adoption Society
Social Diversity for Children Foundation
Big Brothers Greater Vancouver
Crosstown Neighbourhood Project
John Howard Society
Mind the Bar
Hastings Elementary School
Herbert Spencer Elementary School
Hume Park Home Learners
Lord Roberts School
New West - School District 40
Vancouver School Board
Windermere Secondary School
Sponsorship of creative projects and other community events
Because we receive so many requests for sponsorship, we are extremely selective in choosing which podcasts and other creative works we support through advertising and in-kind donations.
Here are some of the things we look for:
- A Canadian audience or - better yet - a local one
- An existing connection to our store community
- Family-friendly content / shared values*
- Professional-quality production
* We're not total prudes, but your content should not alienate those who make up our store community, and should not give listeners / viewers the wrong impression about our store's values. Swearing is okay; engaging in misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. is not.
Please be aware that even though you might tick every box, we may still turn down your production based on current budgets and number of projects we're already supporting. You are welcome to apply again in the future!